A Poké Ball is unique device created by Pokémon experts to capture Pokémon. There are many types of Poké Balls.
Poké Balls are given to Pokémon Trainers when starting their journey along with a Pokédex. During his travels through the Orange Archipelago, Ash Ketchum retrieved a mysterious Poké Ball called the GS Ball from Professor Ivy. When Professor Oak couldn't find out what it was, Ash brought it to Kurt during his travels through Johto and left it with him.
Types of Poké Balls and effectEdit
- Master Ball: Determined capture.
- Safari Ball: Normal.
- GS Ball: Unknown.
- Fast Ball: Quick capture.
- Lure Ball: Accelerated capture on Water-types.
- Heavy Ball: Accelerated capture on heavy Pokémon.
- Park Ball: Normal.
- Luxury Ball: Frienship acceleration.
- Repeat Ball: Accelerated capture on Pokémon previously captured.
- Dark Ball: Immediate capture and turn Pokémon evil and far stronger.
- Clone Ball: Transfers to Mewtwo's lab and scans Pokémon inside to create Clone Pokémon.
- Crystal Poké Ball: Imagined Poké Ball created by Molly Hale.
- Lake Ball
- Team Rocket Ball: Captures Clone Pokémon.
- Giant Stone Poké Ball: Unknown.